A very good way of going about explaining this issue. It’s good to see something positive come from Tumblr.
REBLOG THE SHIT OUT OF THIS.
And the reblog button was hit so quickly that it actually was reblogged BEFORE it was clicked
Will always reblog this.
I just like being girly. But what I like more, is having people noticing without minding. Just the fact that they’re aware of what I am and want to be without seeing anything but god old little me makes me happy, and most importantly, comfortable.
Remember kids, only white people can celebrate the 4th of July, otherwise it’s cultural appropriation.
Implying that only white people count as Americans? Well at least you’re not trying to mask your overt…
Ya’ll can have the rest
The Hesitant Betrothed by Auguste Toulmouche (1866)
I have always adored this painting. Having the central female figure stare with awareness at her viewer is a very powerful move, and something not often given to women in paintings. It creates an engagement with the viewer, she sees you and she knows you are watching her. She is no longer an object in an image, she is a person.
You know she gon’ kill the man she has to marry
I like how everyone else is totally excited the women are congratulating her, the little girl is so into being a flower girl.
And she’s there in middle going “THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT.”
"the hesitant betrothed" there is NOTHING HESITANT about that expressionWhoa. This is really dramatic and unexpected :)The “Fuck This Shit” Betrothed
This is the ‘Isn’t It A Tragedy She Was Widowed So Young’ Betrothed, is what it is.
"the lesbian and her lovers plot a murder"
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRO-CHOICE TO BE A FEMINIST
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE BORN FEMALE TO BE A FEMINIST
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A DEMOCRAT TO BE A FEMINIST
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DISLIKE MEN TO BE A FEMINIST
YOU LITERALLY JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT WOMEN DESERVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS MEN
WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING
Being anti-abortion (politically, not personally) is denying women their most basic rights to their bodies. That really doesn’t coincide with feminism at all.
You can’t talk about the economy without talking about this.
CEO compensation started to take off in 1980 with the arrival of Reagan, supply-side economics, and general conservative belief that “poor people deserve to die”.
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
Anonymous said: I feel so useless sitting here. What can I do to help Ferguson??
national moment of silence 2014 (for victims of police brutality)
share the following:
The fact is, a 14-year-old girl may be capable of agreeing to sex with a 49-year-old man, but she doesn’t have the emotional and mental maturity to consent. I was 25 before I realized that every man I’d slept with as a teenager was a pedophile. It seemed to me that since I’d courted the attention, that I was fully culpable. What teenager believes she is not mentally or emotionally capable of full consent? I thought I was an adult, although when I look at the picture of myself from the time period above, I see a child.
I thought I was the exception for these men, the girl so precocious and advanced that it superseded social norms. I thought that I was “older than my chronological age.”
It never occurred to me as a young sexually active teen that the adult men I had relationships with may have been manipulating me, that they had designs and motives I couldn’t see from my limited child’s perspective.
Everyone should read this article if they haven’t already. The anecdotes are upsetting and carry major TW (pedophilia, graphic depictions of sex), but the message is just so on point.