Massachusetts ranks 37th in the nation when it comes to pay equity.
Women here take home only 77 cents for every dollar a man makes.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick has been paying female administrative judges less than male counterparts for too long.
- is heteronormative
- excludes males
- disrespects rape survivors
- objectifies females
- reduces women to how men perceive them sexually
- erases female sexuality
- reinforces oppressive ideals of femininity and masculinity
- in itself, doesn’t even make sense
- reduce sex to male penetration
- weaponize penetration as a depreciation against women
- Black Girls Rock! is necessary because when you Google “beautiful women,” this is what you see.
- Because when you look at the covers of Vogue, this is what you see.
- Because when Vanity Fair printed their Hollywood issue, they put the black actresses on the back cover.
- Because when a dark-skinned woman is put on the cover of a magazine, this is what is done to her.
- Because Pixar has never made a movie featuring a black cartoon character.
- Because a black actress has never won a drama series Lead Actress Emmy. (Although Kerry Washington will change that, I am certain.)
- Because in 39 years, only three black women have been part of the cast of SNL.
- Because, until Scandal, the only real place you could find black women in leading roles on television was The Real Housewives of _______.
- Because the “first black Disney Princess” was a frog for 95 percent of the movie.
From one white to another